Search results

1. S

Graycliff Chateau Grand Cru Presidente

I got these off of the devil site about 8 months ago. I paid less than $5 a stick so I figured I would give them a try. Gorgeous night out, on the balcony watching/listening to the redskins game. Appearance wise the cigar is very nice looking. A 7" x 48 churchill that has 2 bands which make it...
  2. S

Taste Profile...

If you want nutty creaminess from something other than a Ron Jeremy movie, try a Perdomo Lot 23. They are yummy, and very consistent.
  3. S

Gurkha Titan

Talk about timing. I just lit one up 5 minutes ago. It started off nicely, almost berry-like sweetness, strong floral notes and a hint of pepper. I'm thoroughly enjoying it right now.
  4. S

A New Way To Lose A Smoke

mmmm, stogies right off the vine
  5. S

Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic

My first DPG was a cuban classic. Made me a firm believer in all the hype.
  6. S

Gurkha Cigars - General Notes

I am one of those people who cannot stop smoking Gurkhas. Granted, the best ones are the $1000 horribly overpriced blends, but on the devil site we are talking 20 sticks for $40. They are some of the worst and some of the best sticks I have ever smoked. My favorite blend is a 6x60 perfecto (dont...
  7. S

BOTL Coming to Bethesda, MD - Meet for Herf

I am more than interested in coming to this if some details can get nailed done. Just keep this post updated when you guys decide something.
  8. S

Dearomaticing Cedar

Awesome, cant wait to see the pictures. What are you going to be using for humidification? I'm assuming some sort of active/bead combo.
  9. S

What am I missing here? Help!

Also, put your hygrometer in a few different spots around the humidor. In one of those deep footlockers, the cigars in the bottom of the stack tend to hold humidity and not let go of it. I had that same problem in my 250 count desktop stacked 3 deep, and there was a 6% RH split between only 3...
  10. S

Dearomaticing Cedar

If you cant take it out, try sealing and putting a new liner over it. I just bought some from here, http://www.internetlumber.com/lumber-products/Humidor-Lining-4-sqft and talk about a good smell. If you cant remove the aromatic cedar lining, you might be out of luck on converting that chest...
  11. S

First Cigar To Kick Your A**?

JDN Lancero, it was a bad night . . .
  12. S

Cigar Taste

Mark's article is a great place to start. I found that if I have top25cigar.com open in the backround, every time i get a taste of something different I see if someone else has identified it. Just remember everyones taste is different, but I've found that the majority of 'normal' cigar tastes...
  13. S

How about this for a humidor...

The amount of beads for that would be insane. It would be cheaper to go with a Cigar Oasis or a Hydra with some fans and a few pounds of beads to stabilize humidity throughout the whole thing. Although for that price, a nice Aristocrat . . . Damn, now you got me thinking of where to put one. :hn
  14. S

Looking for an everyday cigar

I agree with the Sancho Panza Double Maduros. The La Mancha in particular. A perfect 5 1/2" x 44 that is not very complex, but amazingly consistant. Gone through 2 boxes and have another on the way right now, and have never had a bad one. And they are $35 for a box of 20
  15. S

Advice for Smooth, "Nutty" Flavor Cigar?

I second the Perdomo Lot 23. I had my first one about 2 weeks ago, and my first box arriving on Tuesday. A very good medium bodied smoke.
  16. S

Question for the pepin hoes

I am smoking a cuban classic right now with burn issues, but it is damn good. And for the original post, mine didn't smell like chocolate. Im not really tasting any right now either.
  17. S

Good Weather = Happy Smokers

The temp right now on my deck in MD is 61. A big cup of coffee, a Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic, and the woman fighting over who gets the next puff = HEAVEN!!!
  18. S

Mild-Medium Smooth Mellow Creamy Sweet

Defininetly agree with the reserva real, excellent flavor. I also enjoy Gisperts for a creamy flavor. The last one I smoked reminded me of butter (natural lonsdale), not the taste, but something about it. It seems to be something you would like.
  19. S

Free Cigars?

I recieved the Gisperts, Romeos, and Maria Guerreros, but I'm still waiting on that Shakepeare. I'm not holding my breath though . . .
  20. S

Testing cigars

It seems I am one of the minority that likes them between 60% - 65% RH. To me, the flavors seem more prevelant and burn better. Every cigar has had a rock solid burn from Gisperts to RyJs to Hdms. Anyone else with me?