Search results

1. B

Help no cutter!

Ohhhhh... That's just... That's just wrong. *grin* BWS
  2. B

Punch or Cut

I v-cut everything. Every once in a great while, a cigar will be tight, and it will get a 2nd v-cut, which produces an x-cut. Works pretty well. Am coming to the anecdotal conclusion that v-cutting rather than guillotining cigars extends one's cigar enjoyment by some as-yet-unknown number of...
  3. B

Some Serious Friction on the Slippery Slope

Well, not that this will help your productivity, but for about $100/year, you could see if IT will block an ssh connection. In semi-english, anonymizer.com offers secure tunneling subscriptions. This enables you to surf sites using their proxy servers - since the traffic is encrypted from end...
  4. B

In all my years of smoking...

I must be doing something wrong :). Easily 90% of my cigars make it down to 0.5" +/- 0.25" with the aid of a modified alligator clip. Will start paying attention. I use the clip to avoid charred fingers. Often the best part of a cigar for me starts with 2" or 1" to go. If it's good from...
  5. B

Just don't get it.

It could come with six hookers with no gag reflexes and it would still not get $13K out of me. Well, not all at once, anyway. Um... never mind. All I really wanted to say was the line ending in "... because I am a douche bag" was laugh out loud funny - much to the momentary bewilderment of my...
  6. B

Whats the website?

Might there be a MacOS variant that anyone could recommend (other than Excel, which is what I'm using presently)? BWS
  7. B

patio heaters

After getting tired of frequenting places with either patio heaters with no tanks or nothing at all, I finally took the plunge and invested in a $25 propane bottle-top heater - all of 1000 BTU and sufficient for one person if it doesn't drop below 50F much and if there's not a lot of wind - the...
  8. B

What a woman!!

Now that's domestic harmony. I should be so fortunate as to find a woman that wouldn't freak out at the mere sight of a humidor, let alone have a true appreciation for the enjoyment that an occasional fine cigar can provide. Very nicely done, indeed. BWS
  9. B

Favorite Rocky

Favorite RPs would have to be: 1) Vintage 1990 - Churchill - these after six months in the humidor have been verrrrry tasty with notably oily wrappers. 2) Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro PB - these straight out of the box/bag have been consistently good also with notably oily wrappers...
  10. B

I think I am going to become a member what do you guys think????

If I were in NYC and could rationalize $700-$1000/month for a membership, food, beverage, tips, and obligatory cigars, I'd consider it in the name of... business development - yeah, that's it. My $0.02 is to go for it - amortize the $5K over 36 months and give it a thorough 3-year trial run...
  11. B

That's $450/month *plus* food, beverage, and cigars, right? Sheesh - much more than that and they'll start keeping the riffraff out if they're not careful :). BWS
  12. B

666 5th Avenue? *LOL* LOVE IT! So I guess that means not a whole lot of fundies (fundamentalists) are members, eh? That aside, I wonder if 666 is as unlucky as 999 is lucky in certain cultures... I wonder what the west coast equivalent is. Then again, I suppose if I have to ask, I'm...
  13. B

Building a new humidor (pictures included)

Must be nice to have that kind of skill. Thanks for the pix - keep 'em coming. BWS
  14. B

Line up for tonights game

Looking forward to the Patriots making (more) history. Looks like you'll celebrate in style. The game tonight for me will be #18 Arizona at #2 Memphis. Memphis hasn't lost at home in something like 47 games and is a 9-point favorite (down from 12). Still, I like Arizona's chances...
  15. B

just one brand...

Tough call... if c, then - Ramon Allones if nc, then - Rocky Patel, with 3 or 4 close seconds behind that if I had to stock the next 1000 cigars, 70% would come from the above, 20% from the field, and 10% for long-term storage. BWS
  16. B

Does anyone have this humidor?

Have been very happy with this 300-capacity one: http://www.cigarhumidors-online.com/cigar-humidors/enlarged/versailleenlarge.htm and the customer service was solid. There was a bug in how shipping was calculated, and they followed up with me the next day to secure the order. This is...
  17. B

Palio V-Cutter?

^^^ yeah, what he said. What's the best v-cutter out there presently? This is the sort of item I'd like to buy 2 or 3 of *one time* and be done with it. The generics I use are no better than disposable quality, and the branded ones I've found don't look that much better. Having v-cut from...
  18. B

Smoking in the shower

I can honestly say this is one of those ideas that never would have occurred to me. Ever. I must live under a rock. However, upon further reflection, if one has sex in the shower, and one smokes after sex, then smoking while in the shower is not only possible, but is mathematically supported...
  19. B

Cigarbid has me in the doghouse...

Well, hell - just tell her you're loading up via cbid so you can dollar cost average the habanos that accidentally arrive in with the ncs. I'm sure that will go over well - after all, it's logical, economical, forward-thinking, and... oh, she says none of that matters? :) See Bill Clinton...
  20. B

50 Cent still $.99 short of a dollar

I am reminded that one cannot spell crap without rap. It is a sad testament to society that rap has had more longevity that the original outbreak of disco. The vaccine for both illnesses is good, solid classic rock with veneers of heavy metal and Kentonesque jazz. BWS