Search results

1. D

Best place to buy sticks in Vegas?

Check this place out, I was there a few years ago and it was very cool, you can watch them roll cigars and everthing: http://www.donpablocigars.com/ It's right on the strip.
  2. D

Beads: Humidity drop

The humidor is pretty small, maybe a 50-75 count I would say. I lay the tube on top of the cigars and it pretty much runs much more than half the length of the humidor. If I run it the other way, it covers the entire width of the humidor. It isn't near any heat source, and the temp in the...
  3. D

I just checked it after being out at the office for a couple hours and it is at 61%. I thought of the battery issue, which is why I put the second hygrometer in there, both have been salt tested and the readings on them are consistant. The only possibility I can think of is I re-arranged the...
  4. D

Does anyone know how long it should take after opening a humidor for a few seconds (to check humidity or remove a cigar) for the beads to take it back to the correct humidity?
  5. D

I've been using a 4 oz. tube of 65% beads in my desktop humidor for a week or so now. The humidor has an excellent seal and if anything I've had problems with the humidity being too high in there before, despite living in a dry climate. The humidity has been dead on, until yesterday, when it...
  6. D

Wal-Mart Acurite wireless hygro/temp

What section of Wal-Mart did you find it in?
  7. D

Help Could be beetles

I think you may be right. I zoomed in on your picture, and I could swear I could see Ringo poking his head out that hole.
  8. D

Is this true? Study that Alcohol and Tobacco worse than Pot?

Pot fans will go out of their way to convice you that pot is better for you than fresh air and vegetables.
  9. D

Ring Gauge

Sorry if this question seems dumb, I'm a relative newbie though and I noticed something today. Most of the cigars I have been smoking have been larger RG, I'd say 52 plus. Today, I smoked a Sanch Panza Double Maduro that was a 6.5" 48 RG though and I noticed 3 things. 1. It was a lot...
  10. D

Storing/Aging Boxes

As a follow-up question, that about the ziplock bags CBid puts the 5'ers in? Is it ok to store in those? Should I take the cigars out of them? Leave them in but the bags unzipped?
  11. D

Storing/Aging Boxes

It's sitting on the desk next to me, waiting for me to finish all my work so I can go outside and smoke it :)
  12. D

Storing/Aging Boxes

Well, it's just as I feared.... I opened the box, took a peek inside, and that box of 10 immediately became a box of 9 :)
  13. D

Storing/Aging Boxes

Well, I got my first box the other day (CAO Black Man O' War) off Cbid, and have it my coolerador. I got to wondering, is it best to unwrap the box before leaving it in the cooler long term, or does it not matter?
  14. D

Bead recharging question

I'm using the tube sold at Heartfelt. I'll have to try a bag and see if that works better. I like the tube though becasue it fits in with the cigars so nicely.
  15. D

Bead recharging question

I did that to initiall charge them, and it caused a lot fo them to crack, which is now filling my humidor with bead chips. I was just looking for a way to do it that wouldnt create this problem:)
  16. D

Bead recharging question

When the beads start to turn too white and you want to recharge them, is putting a shotglass of water in the humidor overnight an effective and acceptable way to do it? Will the beads absorb the excess humidity as fast as the water will put it out, or will the humidity rise too much in the...
  17. D

One Word Reviews

The RP Sun Grown I just smoked = Great
  18. D

I walked into the B&M with $80

I picked up a Gurkha called the "Warlord" yesterday, recommended to me at the B&M. The thing resebles a baseball bat. I'm looking forward to trying it when I have a few hours this weekend :)
  19. D

Too wet?

Actually its not burning very evenly anymore.
  20. D

Too wet?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am trying to smoke and learn :) Got a 5er of Hoyo Dark Sumtra Media Noches from C-Bid on Monday. Thought I'd try one tonight. Opening it up, I noticed that it felt very firm and heavy. Smoking it, I feel like I might rupture a lung trying to suck...