Avo lovers

DriftyGypsy

Not Here

khubli

Elder Jungle Leader
I'm intersted in learning more about the Tesoro. Like the 80ths in 2006, people weren't too hot on them. I've heard people say they're starting to come around. The LE07s I think are getting better with each month.

DriftyGypsy

Not Here
I'm intersted in learning more about the Tesoro. Like the 80ths in 2006, people weren't too hot on them. I've heard people say they're starting to come around. The LE07s I think are getting better with each month.

I preferred the 80th to the LE07, I was a little disappointed in it, ant then coming out with the 787 the same year, and I prefer the 787's to the LE07's. But, has anyone heard anything on the Tesoro, size, shape, blend?

php007

ChestBeater
Avo LE 08, the Tesoro.

It is suppose to be 5 3/4 x 50 packed in boxes of 20 with the band on the foot. Retail for $240 a box, I ordered mine at Corona Cigar. I should have my 7 boxes by Wednesday, will post pics when they arrive.

php007

ChestBeater
Don't I wish I could go.... hmmm... a new AVO limited edition, hope it is better than the LE-07 that was kind of a disappointment when compared to his other limited editions.

Have you had an LE07 recently? They are really good, I think another year and they should be amazing.

floydpink

cigar school graduate
Corona Cigar, which is Avos second home, is having a dinner for Avo's 80 something birthday. It sounded fun until I saw the 300 buck a head pricetag as well. Sounds like a similar event and i think there's some special release cigars involved as well. I can get more info if anyone needs it, but I think it's next week,,,

pinoyman

Alpha Silverback
I haven't tried any Avo yet but with all the good reviews lately, i think
I might stop by to my B&M and try it. Thanks!

JohnnyFlake

Alpha Silverback
Have you had an LE07 recently? They are really good, I think another year and they should be amazing.

:tpd: The LE-07s are really coming around now. The same was true with the LE-05s. They were okay at first but after a couple of years, into 2007, they really started to show their stuff. The LE-07s are doing the very same thing. By 2009 they should become truly great smokes!!!

groogs

Alpha Silverback
I have not tried any of the AVO LE's but I think I will grab up some of the 08 for the future after all the good aging qualities they seem to have. Thanks for the info everyone.:tu

Firridge

Young Ape
The 07's really are coming around, unlike the 787 which I still have a little hope for. Neither can touch the 05's at least not yet.

NCRadioMan

More cigars Sanchez!
Here is something I didn't know but a Davidoff rep told me the 787 perfecto is the exact same cigar as the 22. They used all the leaves they had at the time (a very limited amount) for the 22 but liked it so much they grew another crop especially for this cigar.

DriftyGypsy

Not Here
Here is something I didn't know but a Davidoff rep told me the 787 perfecto is the exact same cigar as the 22. They used all the leaves they had at the time (a very limited amount) for the 22 but liked it so much they grew another crop especially for this cigar.

Sorry... it is not the exact cigar... very similar but not the same... trust me on this...