Best Tequilas Under $30

Joey Link

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
We've had good success with the Rum and Bourbon threads, now I need to get some tequila advice. I owe a buddy a bottle and I'd like to get him something he's probably never tried before. He usually drinks Patron Silver, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some obscure tequila that could hold it's own against it for a lot less.

psychII

Young Ape
if you are will to splurge and pay another $7, I would say El Tesoro silver would be the way to go.

I had a get together the other night with several long time Patron drinkers. We did a side-by-side comparison with shots and margaritas using ET, Patron, and Don Julio.

They were all converted to ET by the end of the night.

Puro_Angler

ChestBeater
Great tequilas don't exist for under 30 bucks, IMO. Unless you live close to the border, you have to spend upwards of $50 for greatness. A decent tequila you may find for around the $30 range is Cazadores reposado. Give that a try.

EastBay

Maturing Primate
Great tequilas don't exist for under 30 bucks, IMO. Unless you live close to the border, you have to spend upwards of $50 for greatness. A decent tequila you may find for around the $30 range is Cazadores reposado. Give that a try.
Completely agree.

clampdown

Crack House Tent
If you want to include Mezcal then I would say that. I had a bottle of Monte Alban that was around 20 years old and the smokey flavor was amazing. But for a cheap inexpensive Tequila I ususally go with Milagro Silver.

Joey Link

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Wow, I'm surprised more people haven't commented. I see quite a few bottles of tequila under $30, do they all suck?

lenguamor

Gorila Cabrón
Sauza Commemorativo around that range or a bit higher.

That's the thing about Tequilas, though - when they're good, they're expensive...and generally, when they're inexpensive they'll eat a hole in your gut.

I had to quit Tequila altogether for quite a number of years after some heavily-contested bouts with Señor Cuervo.

Cheap booze just isn't worth it.

Wattsie

ChestBeater
I know they aren't under $30 but I think Cabo Wabo and Patron Silver and Anejo are worth the extra $$.
Like LP mentioned, the $50 range for bottles of tequia vastly improves the quality. You can spend $100 a bottle on some of the tequila mentioned here, and that may be good for a treat, but I use a bottle of Herradura for my "good" tequila. Same as Cabo Wabo, about $50.

You can probably get them for $30 if you find a close out sale, but this is America. Liquor stores don't go out of business. :)

mosesbotbol

Elder Jungle Leader
Picked up a Fina Estampa Reposado for around $30 at Specks in Austin this weekend; great stuff and highly recommended!