Young Ape
Date: 10/1/08
Reviewer: Garlicbreath
Cigar: CAO Brazilia Gol!
Size: 5 x 56
Wrapper: Brazil
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua

Ambience: Blooms watching the Phillies and Brewers with a friend.
Beverage: n/a
Appearance: Beautiful dark oily wrapper, firm, nice construction
Pre-Light: Nothing distinct, strong tobacco taste
Draw: A little tight but manageable
1/3: Very complex cigar - a little coffee and spice, leather and cedar seemed to dominate
2/3: Leather and cedar flavors continue
3/3: Leather and cedar flavors are still there now I have anise? I’m pretty sure that’s what I tasted. Didn’t get too far into the last part, had to get home Dang it!
Burn: Flawless burn.
Ash: Very strong ash 2”+
Smoke: Plumes of smoke
Strength: medium to full, minimal nicotine buzz
Finish: Drove home enjoying the aftertaste
Time: 50 minutes
Impression: This will be a staple in my humidor
Pictures: Forgot
Comments: Hanging out at Blooms with friends smoking a stogie is great fun. This was my first CAO Brazilia recommended by MrMoJoe. Thanks! :tu

duckmanco

Evolving Lead Gorilla
These are bad ass, they seem to a tighter drawing smoke though. They definitely benefit from dry boxing to help with that issue. Great review though. I don't get cedar out of these as much as black coffee, leather, and anise with a sweet finish.

BigAl_SC

Young Ape
Nice review of one of my favorites. This is one of my few box buys and when low I'll rebuy without question..........

elderboy02

SilverBack
These are my favorite CAO's. I picked up a box a few weeks ago and I am trying to age them, but I don't know if I will be able to wait very long. :tu

BlewSmoke.com

Young Ape
We just had a CAO event last week. The rep said that only 2000 sticks were produced. I'm not sure if they will be putting more together.

blurxp

Maturing Primate
We just had a CAO event last week. The rep said that only 2000 sticks were produced. I'm not sure if they will be putting more together.

Is that a mis-type? I know there was the Anaconda size that was limited to 70,000. The regular Brazilia line has been out since 2001 and the Gol!has far exceeded 2000 I think. :confused:

BlewSmoke.com

Young Ape
Is that a mis-type? I know there was the Anaconda size that was limited to 70,000. The regular Brazilia line has been out since 2001 and the Gol!has far exceeded 2000 I think. :confused:

You're correct.. i meant the CAO Bratalia. Only 2000 of these sampler boxes were made. Each box has five cigars including one that is a blend of the Italia and Brazilia.

blurxp

Maturing Primate
You're correct.. i meant the CAO Bratalia. Only 2000 of these sampler boxes were made. Each box has five cigars including one that is a blend of the Italia and Brazilia.

Gotcha! I had one of those sampler boxes. The barber pole Bratalia was a pretty good smoke! :tu

BigCat

Young Ape
Nice review of one of my favorites. This is one of my few box buys and when low I'll rebuy without question..........

Couldn't agree more. One of my favorites that I never let myself run out of. The amazon is a great size in this line too, but surprisingly a little lighter bodied than the gol.