Cigar Band Glue

CIGma_Chi

Professor of Herfology
Hey folks,

Some of you are familiar with my cigar band thread so here's an upshot from that whole topic:

A lot of you who have printed out some of those bands have used double sided tape and the like.

I am wondering about using Envelope Moistener with Adhesive. It's non-toxic, doesn't smell and works pretty well from some test bands.

Any advice? Warnings? Does anyone know what this stuff is made from? Should I be worried? Thanks!

Cartierusm

ChestBeater
Well the stuff they use for real is a vegetable based glue, so obviously it's non-toxic. Personally I would just use the glue from a glue stick or better yet I have a can of professional label glue that I used to use with my wine lables but it's a pain to use the way I do it, but it would be perfect for cigar band labels. It is freeze proof and once dry is water proof and non-toxic. the can I have is a pint and would last you a life time. If you want it, it's your, just pay for shipping. It's thin and non penetration so it won't seep into the paper you put it on. Let me know.

WillyGT

Funky Monkey
I used a small silicone gun to glue the bands, just a small portion of silicone very carefull of not touching the cigar and it was good. left the bands not too tight so the can be slid of or just pulled off and dont dammage the wrapper.

CIGma_Chi

Professor of Herfology
Cartierusm said:
I have is a pint and would last you a life time. If you want it, it's your, just pay for shipping. It's thin and non penetration so it won't seep into the paper you put it on. Let me know.
Much thanks. I might take you up on that. Thanks for the info!

CIGma_Chi

Professor of Herfology
WillyGT said:
I used a small silicone gun to glue the bands, just a small portion of silicone very carefull of not touching the cigar and it was good. left the bands not too tight so the can be slid of or just pulled off and dont dammage the wrapper.
Thanks for the info!

pinoyman

Alpha Silverback
Amigo, an easy way of doing it? get a few grain of steam rice, wet your finger a bit, then kind of mashing it with your thumb and index fingers and use it like an ordinary glue, Viola!

Salud!

Jeff

Head to the grindstone...
pinoyman said:
Amigo, an easy way of doing it? get a few grain of steam rice, wet your finger a bit, then kind of mashing it with your thumb and index fingers and use it like an ordinary glue, Viola!
Salud!
That technique sounds like it would work very well. I'm going to try it. Got a couple of sticks that need mending. Pure genious. :)

croatan

Parisian Pimp
I've just always used a glue stick like the one I had in pre-school arts and crafts. I may have to try one of your more refined methods now.

Double sided tape has worked well for me. I've tried a few different methods and the tape seems to be my method of choice.

Good luck

CIGma_Chi

Professor of Herfology
pinoyman said:

Salud!
Ya know, I wondered if rice would work ... but I wasn't gonna be the first to try it. :r

Thanks for the great tip!

pinoyman

Alpha Silverback
CIGma_Chi said:
Ya know, I wondered if rice would work ... but I wasn't gonna be the first to try it. :r

Thanks for the great tip!
Islanders are very indigeneous people Amigo! :D trust me It'll work!

Salud!

CIGma_Chi

Professor of Herfology
As a Filipino, rice is a regular part of my diet ... and I've seen the effectiveness of its stickiness ... particularly when it gets caught in shag carpeting. :cool:

pinoyman

Alpha Silverback
CIGma_Chi said:
As a Filipino, rice is a regular part of my diet ... and I've seen the effectiveness of its stickiness ... particularly when it gets caught in shag carpeting. :cool:
:r Is it true Filipinos put a plastic liner on top of the carpet? :D
I'm a Mongrel Amigo, But proud to be one!

Salud!

uncle mikey

ChestBeater
CIGma_Chi said:
Hey folks,

Some of you are familiar with my cigar band thread so here's an upshot from that whole topic:

A lot of you who have printed out some of those bands have used double sided tape and the like.

I am wondering about using Envelope Moistener with Adhesive. It's non-toxic, doesn't smell and works pretty well from some test bands.

Any advice? Warnings? Does anyone know what this stuff is made from? Should I be worried? Thanks!
CIGma_Chi, I have the cigar band or tobacco glue if you need some. PM me and I will get it to you. mb