Cigar Shop in San Antonio

Headcrash

SilverBack
Hey Everyone

My friends in-laws are going to be in San Antonio on Jan 18th and have offered to pick up some cigars for us on a few conditions.

1. It is close to the airport as they don't want to have to go all over the city
2. We call ahead and talk to them about what we would like so they don't screw up as his in-laws know nothing about cigars.

Now I can handle the second one but I am wondering if there is anyone here that lives in the area that can point me to a good B&M that is close to the airport.

I have Googled this but am just looking for some input and feedback on the local B&M's

Thanks in advance for the help

Alex

txdyna65

Boli Puto
Might want to try Fincks Cigars, very large selection (1200 sq ft humidor) very friendly and knowledgeable folks.

6100 west ave, not too far from the airport at all. They also have a factory outlet but thats not where you would go shopping at.

1-800-221-0638

Dalton

Young Ape
If they are doing the tourist thing and going to the Riverwalk, there is a shop right there at the mall called Latin Gold Cigar Co. They have a couple guys who sit there and roll them fresh all day. Kind of a fun change of pace. Stay away from the Cameroons though, never had a good one.

[OT] Loki

Chestbeating Pack Leader
Might want to try Fincks Cigars, very large selection (1200 sq ft humidor) very friendly and knowledgeable folks.

6100 west ave, not too far from the airport at all. They also have a factory outlet but thats not where you would go shopping at.

1-800-221-0638
i need to check this out next time I'm in SA. I went to "club humidor" last time I was in town

homeless_texan

ChestBeater
There is a Humidor at the Quarry, large selection of cigars and the prices aren't too bad. From the Quarry Your parents would just hop on 281 North and I believe the next exit is the airport.
The Latin Gold Cigar shop in Rivercenter is a lot of fun too. I watched them roll cigars and then went ahead and bought one. Noobie mistake, I just bought one. The cigar was surprisingly good and it was a maduro.

Hope this helps

Terrasco

Maturing Primate
If they are doing the tourist thing and going to the Riverwalk, there is a shop right there at the mall called Latin Gold Cigar Co. They have a couple guys who sit there and roll them fresh all day. Kind of a fun change of pace. Stay away from the Cameroons though, never had a good one.
Interesting story and a bit off topic but I had been off of cigars for about 15 years and my wife was in SA for a reunion. She stopped at Latin Gold and bought me a cigar. I threw it in a drawer and forgot about it for a couple of years. Last summer I pulled it out and smoked it for a special occasion...

Lot of money up in smoke since then.

txdyna65

Boli Puto
There is also another nice place called C.I.G.A.R. its on Thousand Oaks and Henderson Pass not far from 281.

210-404-2626

The guy who owns it is a member here.....Mike...aka emeraldsmoke.

TechMetalMan

Sloth Smoker
My friend bought one of those latin gold fresh rolled smokes- let it sit for a month or so. Pulled it out and came over for a mini herf.....that thing tasted like straight CHARCOAL.

Not sure which one he got but it was GROSS. Probably just a bit stick though :confused:

kkc

ChestBeater
There is a Humidor at the Quarry, large selection of cigars and the prices aren't too bad. From the Quarry Your parents would just hop on 281 North and I believe the next exit is the airport.
The Latin Gold Cigar shop in Rivercenter is a lot of fun too. I watched them roll cigars and then went ahead and bought one. Noobie mistake, I just bought one. The cigar was surprisingly good and it was a maduro.

Hope this helps
Great, I didn't know about this place. I'm from San Antonio and will be visiting family there in March. The friend who got me started on cigars lives in Alamo Heights not too far from the Quarry so we need to make a visit to this B&M and buy a few sticks. :dr

I also plan on visiting C.I.G.A.R. on Thousand Oaks since I've been reading about this place alot on CS.:)

emeraldsmoke

Young Ape
Come by & check us out.

Largest selection of premium sticks in S.A.

Great prices & many hard to find sticks.

Mike M.

2235 Thousand Oaks
Suite 104
San Antonio, Texas 78232
210-404-2626

www.cigar-sa.com

"San Antonio's C.I.G.A.R. Authority"

vudu9

Maturing Primate
There is also another nice place called C.I.G.A.R. its on Thousand Oaks and Henderson Pass not far from 281.

210-404-2626

The guy who owns it is a member here.....Mike...aka emeraldsmoke.

Great place! Ask for Jimmy, the guy knows a lot.

Papichulo

DIABLO CANOSO
I personally like going to Finck's and Bill Jr. will special orders cigars for you. I believe they have been around longer then any other smoke shop in Texas(100+ years). 1890 they opened up. Great selection. :2