Craftsmans Bench - Executive Series Kensington

Darrell

C is for cookie

I picked this humidor up at BevMo on sale for $20. I figured WTF, right? Well I get it home and it's a beautiful piece, the only issue is, I don't know if it's lined with Spanish cedar. Here is all the info I have on it and I have found it all over the net with the same info but selling for $120+.

Elegant maple and walnut wooden inlays ornament the lid of this humidor with redwood sides. All Executive Series include IMAS (Internal Magnetic Attachment System) eliminating the need for sloppy velcro or double sided tape to attach the hygrometer and humidifier. Includes Craftsmans Bench brass humidifier and analog hygrometer.

If anyone knows anything about it, please speak up. The manufacturers website does not list it anymore and fails to provide a phone number for information.

Darrell

C is for cookie
Only thing I can think of is to lightly sand it in one spot and see if you get any cedar smell.

That's the shitty thing Dave, my sniffer isn't that good at smelling wood. It smells like cedar inside it right now, but not sure if it's Spanish or aromatic.

Darrell

C is for cookie
Apparently this company is owned by J.C. Newman which if I'm not crazy, is part of the Fuente Cigar Family. I will try and call them tomorrow, I have a number somewhere. I really cannot see them selling humidors NOT lined with Spanish cedar, but crazier shit has happened.

Bax

Horny for Zorny
I have a Craftmans Bench 150 ct. Not sure the make, though. Great humi. Seals and holds RH like a champ. You got a deal and a half on that one.