Flor de Olivia Natural

Danimal

CS Cog
This was my "go-to" as a newbie. Decided to have one tonight and found that just a few months of age on them really develops the flavors. Even after experiencing a ton of smokes since I last smoked this, it was still very enjoyable.

Appearance was okay... minimal veins but mediocre wrapping on it. The pre-light taste was sweet. As I lit it up, it immediately had the typical Nicaraguan profile of nuts with a nice sweetness mixed in... didn't taste the sweetness a few months ago. Burn was even, but it was extremely fast.. finished a Robusto in under 30 minutes. Halfway through it developed some coffee notes and a mild spice. It did leave some harshness in the throat, but overall this is a great stick to have at a value price. I paid ~$31 shipped for 25 off of smokeall.com.

If you're a newbie looking for a good value smoke, this has always been highly recommended. A little age goes a long way on this stick.

RumblePen

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Is this the regular ol' Flor De Oliva bundle with the sumatra wrapper? I'm still waiting for Atlantic to ship mine along with a bundle of the corojos. Been smoking too many $4 cigars lately (well, $4 a stick per internet box prices). I need to add some more dolla to two dolla sticks into the rotation. I'm hoping I like these. If not then I'll get some Savoys.

Man I wish I would have bought more than 1 of that Indios 20-cigar sampler bundle CI had for last weeks email special. $30 for a bundle that had Maximas, Cuba Aliados, Cifuegas. That was a fricken deal, so far I like all I've smoked from that one.

Uniputt

Club-Wielding Ash Ho
The Flor De Olivias are a great value, no doubt. They have been discussed here many times, and still get decent reviews.

Myself, I don't particularly care for the "naturals" or the Corojo wrappers. However, I do find the the Cameroon and maduros are quite good. Especially the maduros.....these make a great golf course smoke when paired up with a dark beer. Delicious!

I can't recall ever having one with substantial age on it, though. I may have to throw some in the cooler and forget about them for a while....

croatan

Parisian Pimp
Uniputt said:
The Flor De Olivias are a great value, no doubt. They have been discussed here many times, and still get decent reviews.

Myself, I don't particularly care for the "naturals" or the Corojo wrappers. However, I do find the the Cameroon and maduros are quite good. Especially the maduros.....these make a great golf course smoke when paired up with a dark beer. Delicious!

I can't recall ever having one with substantial age on it, though. I may have to throw some in the cooler and forget about them for a while....
The only FdO I've thought was worth smoking was a maduro that Tresputt gave me when we played golf. The others, I just haven't cared for, especially the grand cameroon :pu

Nooner

SophisticationPersonified
RumblePen said:
Man I wish I would have bought more than 1 of that Indios 20-cigar sampler bundle CI had for last weeks email special. $30 for a bundle that had Maximas, Cuba Aliados, Cifuegas. That was a fricken deal, so far I like all I've smoked from that one.
Not to hijack, but I agree, that was a killer deal and I'll grab somemore the next time(if) they run it. I do tend to like the Puros Indios cigars... they have a different flavor.

Now back to the topic at hand.. I love the 'O' series(the Bold in particular) - I have very fond memories of smoking these in Key West. I haven't tried the FdO yet, but was just gifted one in the Newbie Sampler thread, adn can't wait to try it.

Uniputt

Club-Wielding Ash Ho
croatan said:
The only FdO I've thought was worth smoking was a maduro that Tresputt gave me when we played golf. The others, I just haven't cared for, especially the grand cameroon :pu
WARNING:pOTENTIAL THREAD JACK AHEAD-PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

Croatan:
Who is this Tresputt character you speak of? I am not familiar with this individual. I know of a fine upstanding gentleman who goes by the moniker of Uniputt......and I am quite certain you cannot be referring to him; as I have been present with him while he gave me a golf lesson--and he never three-putts! :r

busk

Young Chimp
I am digging the Corojos. They are a nice smoke. Prefer them much to Cuba Aliados, but I almost always prefer a Nicaraguan over a Hondo.

Mac

Newbie in the jungle
If you've got $2 to 2.50 in pocket change, the FdO Maduro is a darn good stick to pick. My local shop sells the torp for $2.45 and it lasts me a good hour. Guess I need to try a Cameroon, though. I wasn't too thrilled with the Corojo. Anyway, I've found them to be pretty consistent, albeit a simple smoke without a lot of complexity.