glass Tubes

Volt

Chestbeating Pack Leader
Any reason to keep cigars in their glass tubes? I have a bout 4 or five and what a pain in the a$$.

Charles

Alpha Silverback
Any reason to keep cigars in their glass tubes? I have a bout 4 or five and what a pain in the a$$.
Not really sure. When I first joined the board I had a box of Partagas tubos and didn't know what to do with the tubes either. Ended up taking some out of the tube to see if it made a difference. I couldn't tell one way or the other.

Bax

Horny for Zorny
No reason that I can think of, besides a contained humidity. If you take care of your humi then take them out. :2

Bax

Horny for Zorny
On second thought, send all your empty tubes to Shilala, he'll come up with some amazing cigar creation. He boggles my mind sometimes. :tu

n2advnture

www.Cigarmony.com!
In the event that you have a beetle outbreak, sealed tubes will prevent the buggers from spreading into or out of the sticks with the tubes.

I hope this helps

~Mark

Ivory Tower

Acronym Wizard
In the event that you have a beetle outbreak, sealed tubes will prevent the buggers from spreading into or out of the sticks with the tubes.

I hope this helps

~Mark
But then wouldn't you just toss them? Oh well, I have no glass tubes in which to start a beetle farm, which might be a fun think for the kids, now that I think of it. ;)

Basically, this was all just kidding. No comments necessary. :D

My371

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I was thinkin' about this the other day....

I need a new rain gauge...Two birds...One stone..."Idea".:ss

Of course it would have to be properly calibrated...:hn:BS:D

taltos

Elder Jungle Leader
If the tubes are for toro or larger sized cigars, they make great launch tubes for bottle rockets when the tube is half buried at he desired launch angle.

Volt

Chestbeating Pack Leader
Now we have a use I can relate to. Never thought of teh either keep the critters in or out, but it would work. I think mine are gonna hit the trash. I don't care for the glass in the smokes and too bulky. Tubes I can deal with.

Addiction

Gentleman Jim Stogie
One thing tubes give you is beetle protection. ANother is a controlled environment humidity wise. The third and last thing is the make great gift boxes for cigars I keep all my tubes and use them when I gift special cigars.

shilala

Elder Jungle Leader
On second thought, send all your empty tubes to Shilala, he'll come up with some amazing cigar creation. He boggles my mind sometimes. :tu
All the Ice junkies smoke their meth out of glass cigar tubes.
They throw the stuff in, cook it with a torch, and suck the smoke up with a straw.
Aside from suggesting a new addiction, I'm drawing a blank. :)

CoopnGA

ChestBeater
They throw the stuff in, cook it with a torch, and suck the smoke up with a straw.
wow...if pushing us down the cigar slope wasn't bad enough for our health

AVH

Young Chimp
this shouldn't be funny to me but :r