How Did You Come To Club Stogie?

CIGma_Chi

Professor of Herfology
Lotsa new faces from lotsa new places so let's hear it. What brought you to this wonderful little communtiy of herfers? And for the FOGs around here, do you remember where you were the day you joined up? Who was president? Was the cotton gin invented yet? (KIDDING!) And with all the other forums out there, what made you stay?

For me, I was a big fan of Top25Cigar.com. I read lotsa reviews all through the night particularly when sleep wasn't so quick to come to me. A casual glance every now and then in the forums was all it took. I followed a few threads, particularly in the Non-Habanos Reviews section and then figured I'd like to jump in and try to contribute. That was January of this year. THIS place is my slippery slope.

:)

Last edited:

Syvman

ChestBeater
CIGma_Chi said:
...For me, I was a big fan of Top25Cigar.com. I read lotsa reviews all through the night particularly when sleep wasn't so quick to come to me. A casual glance every now and then in the forums was all it took. I followed a few threads, particularly in the Non-Habanos Reviews section and then figured I'd like to jump in and try to contribute. That was January of this year. THIS place is my slippery slope...
:tpd: Ditto. Found T25C after Y! searching for "cigar reviews" and out of curiosity, checked out the Club Stogie link. Glad I did. :)

JasonI

ChestBeater
I was on another forum and some one mentioned things he had read here so I checked it out and never went back, love CS, great group of people.

Jeff

Head to the grindstone...
Typed Cigar Forum into the search engine. Saw Club Stogie and the rest is history. :) The thing that actually kept me here was the No Snob rule pic. Didn't want to get involved in some geeky uptight group that can detect hints of 7 year old Madacascar Vanilla.

CIGma_Chi

Professor of Herfology
Jeff said:
The thing that actually kept me here was the No Snob rule pic. Didn't want to get involved in some geeky uptight group that can detect hints of 7 year old Madacascar Vanilla.
Big Amen to that.

JohnnyCashFan

Village Idiot
I never belonged to an internet forum or discussion group. I was reading the NC reviews on CS for a few months, and liking a lot of the smokes that I bought as a result. Joined because I wanted to write a review of an HdM Dark Knight I'd had. Stayed since.

cigar no baka

SilverBack
Well I lurked here as well as on several other sites for months. Joined here after lurking and determining that this was a very friendly, relatively flame-free site without a lot of hostility and anger that I saw on other sites. I like the environment here, it seems like the average contributor acts like an adult which I can't say about other cigar sites.

kvm

Chestbeating Pack Leader
I don't remember if I did a search or if Viper pointed me here but I joined CS and another board the same day as well as searching other boards and after reading the posts here it just felt right, and this is my home. I don't even browse the other forums. There is nothing like the jungle. :cool:

bruceolee

Cigar Ninja
I was reading other forums and found top25 and found CS that way. I never joined the other forums, I just lurked. I didn't care for the attitudes I was seeing on the other boards, so when I found CS it was like a breath of fresh air. I also realized how little I knew shortly thereafter. Within a week of reading as much as possible I was much better at this wonderful hobby. I of course owe it all to the FOG's here. I still have alot to learn but, that's the fun part. :cool:

al two

Evolving Lead Gorilla
searched on google awhile ago, like i mean a year and a half ago. i found the archives then came to this site. forgot about it for awhile then found it again when i got into cigars more.

hollywood

Dave's not here, man!
Google. Tried another forum and they were mostly a-holes. Found CS and fell into the greatest group of folks I've been associated with. Could not have had better luck!!

Thanks again to everybody here. Paul, Greg, Radar, poker, Mo, Dave, Tom, Jeffs, George, Fran & Anita, Joe, Jason, Paul-punkass, Paul-navy, Jim, ....... and the list just goes on for miles and miles and gets longer everyday.

It was all NCRadiomans :ms fault. He got me started smoking cigars ,and then led me here. So now my wife can blame him for my new vice! :r

CBF :w

icehog3

Admiral Douche Bag
After buying a small travel humidor in Nassau in February 2005, I was having a difficult time getting it to maintain humidity, so I typed in "humidor" on Yahoo. Several pages into the search I ended up here. Asked a couple questions and couldn't believe how all these people who didn't know me from Adam (or hollywood) stepped up to the plate to help me out.

Like Dave, I have made more friends here than I ever could have expected. Most of them I have never met, nor even heard their voices, yet many of them are truly friends, friends I hope to meet someday soon.

I've been fortunate enough to meet Dave (klugs), Dave (hollywood), Jeff (jefe), Jeff (jeff :) ), Dave (dafu), Sean (gar), George (altbier), and Pete (AlCarbon). Fortunate enough to send and receive cigars and other gifts from so mnay others..Paul, Jim, Frank, Anita, Dale, Rod, Jenny, Skip, Mark, Jerry, Rick, Jason, Justin, Daniel, Greg, Dustin, Vito, Richard, Jeof, Tim, Gabe, Joe, Kyle, Scott, Ron, Pat, Ethan, Neil, Par, Richard, Raney, Josh, Patrick, James, Julian, Nelson, Doug and others. Knowledge I have gained and laughs I have had listening to Gary, Kelly, Paul, Mo, Kerry, Matt, Rollito, Steve, Natty and so many more of you. This place just feels like home. :)

DonWeb

Aged Jungle Denizen
found T25 using google.
kept seeing the lowland louie logo.. and i eventually clicked it.

enjoy the generosity, the knowledge, and the occasional humor.

5thDan

Lowland Gorilla
Well I lurked here as well as on a couple other sites for about a month. Joined here after determining that this was a friendly, relatively flame-free site without a lot of hostility and anger that I saw on some of the other sites. I like the jungle, it seems like the average contributor acts like an adult which is sorely lacking at some other cigar sites.