How long was it for you?

smitdavi

Chief Rip n' Spill
How long did it take you before you started buying boxes instead of always buying singles. I look at the money I spend on singles, and it adds up very quickly. Every time I do it, I want to smack myself because I should be putting it away for a box, instead of high priced singles.

rack04

Addie's Daddy
How long did it take you before you started buying boxes instead of always buying singles. I look at the money I spend on singles, and it adds up very quickly. Every time I do it, I want to smack myself because I should be putting it away for a box, instead of high priced singles.
It took awhile because I never had a humi large enough to buy boxes. Now that I do it's very hard to buy singles. Though deciding what to smoke is always very challenging.

mugen910

Rock a mullet like a STAR
signed up on CS in May...End of May beginning of June Rob had a killer coupon. Bought my first box of Padrons.....LOL

smitdavi

Chief Rip n' Spill
It took awhile because I never had a humi large enough to buy boxes. Now that I do it's very hard to buy singles. Though deciding what to smoke is always very challenging.
I've got a small 100 ct, but I have countless coolers from the college days that could easily be converted to coolerdors. Like this past weekend, I spent 23 dollars on 2 singles....the box of 20 is 150 :hn When you think about it that way it kind of makes you sick lol

Footbag

La Aroma de Gorilla
I started buying boxes when I got my cabinet. Funny thing is, I thought I'd never go through a box, but they disappear faster then I expected.

smitdavi

Chief Rip n' Spill
I started buying boxes when I got my cabinet. Funny thing is, I thought I'd never go through a box, but they disappear faster then I expected.
lol, I would probably buy boxes and then "try" to store them to age...but I doubt that happens

groogs

Alpha Silverback
I started buying singles at my B&M, them I went out and bought a 200 count humi about two months later. I then ordered 2 boxes of PAM's, a box Ashton Aged Maduros, and a box of Partagas Black Maximos that week. I filled the humii within a few weeks and then I had to get another 200 count, and then a cooler, and all of this before I discovered CS or C-Bid. I went flying down the slope verry quickly and never looked back.

smitdavi

Chief Rip n' Spill
I started buying singles at my B&M, them I went out and bought a 200 count humi about two months later. I then ordered 2 boxes of PAM's, a box Ashton Aged Maduros, and a box of Partagas Black Maximos that week. I filled the humii within a few weeks and then I had to get another 200 count, and then a cooler, and all of this before I discovered CS or C-Bid. I went flying down the slope verry quickly and never looked back.
lol, i've been shoved down the slope many times and have plenty of singles to show for it :ss

I'm just starting to look at it from financial standpoint now, ya know.

rack04

Addie's Daddy
lol, i've been shoved down the slope many times and have plenty of singles to show for it :ss

I'm just starting to look at it from financial standpoint now, ya know.
If you find something you like. Buy a box and sell 5'ers to offset the cost of the box.

TripleF

Elder Jungle Leader
In October it'll be 2 years of smokin' cigars for me and I've still never bought a box. Never even made a purchase online.

Maybe one of these days!!

kjjm4

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I think I bought my first box about 6 months after I got into premium cigars. I buy a lot more boxes than singles now. About the only singles I buy are when I stop by a B&M when I'm away from home.

rizzle

Evolving Lead Gorilla
After I started regulalry buying cigars, probably about 8 months or so. I've still only made a few box purchases.

zmancbr

Fuente Whore

About 2-3 months... I had to find something I liked enough to buy that many... of course I did... then I went on an Anejo box spree... :D

lightning9191

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I started smoking in January/February and I just purchased my first box about a week ago....so 6-7 months. Before that I did a lot of samplers and singles to find out what I like. It only took one CAO black to convince me to make that my first box.