La Aurora 1495 Connoisseur Selection

rgordin

ChestBeater
Saw them at a cigar store outside Syracuse, NY - Edward Thomas (great tobacco shop, btw). I tried my first "regular" 1495 and loved it. I decided to buy another and not try any of the new ones. If I like the second as much as the first, a box may be in my future.

The store manager told me that the four new sticks have the same filler as the original 1495 - just different wrappers, as the article you cite says. So there is no "one" to try but four instead. He told me the original has a sun-grown wrapper.

DBall

...is gettin' hitched!
Saw them at a cigar store outside Syracuse, NY - Edward Thomas (great tobacco shop, btw). I tried my first "regular" 1495 and loved it. I decided to buy another and not try any of the new ones. If I like the second as much as the first, a box may be in my future.

The store manager told me that the four new sticks have the same filler as the original 1495 - just different wrappers, as the article you cite says. So there is no "one" to try but four instead. He told me the original has a sun-grown wrapper.
1495's are my favorite smokes... once I find these, it's all over.

Is there any place to order them online yet?

smitty

Maturing Primate
Pretty cool idea I think to really get a feel for what a wrapper does to the cigar. I have done that with the Edge wrapper varieties.

brigey

WAR EAGLE!

WOW! I've got to find these sticks. They sound yummy.:D

hova45

Clubstogies Aristocrat
I don't think I have seen these then again i really haven't been to the b&m in about a month.

mastershogun

Chestbeating Pack Leader
My other question is... what is the difference between the orignal 1495 and the ecuador wrapper, one of the four of the conn. selec. I would assume that the orignal ec. sg wrapper is the same as the ec. wrapper of the conn selec... anyone have any thoughts?

Dirtyharry

Young Chimp
Guys the idea came up because people are always asking what the wrapper does to the blend, so now you can pick them up and judge by yourself the % the wrappers adds, there are four different wrappers,its a great experience.

mastershogun

Chestbeating Pack Leader
Guys the idea came up because people are always asking what the wrapper does to the blend, so now you can pick them up and judge by yourself the % the wrappers adds, there are four different wrappers,its a great experience.
I was referring to the fact that the original is a ecquador wrapper and so too is one of the choices of the 4 conn selec. I was only asking if there is a difference between the two ecaudor wrappers

Bear

SilverBear
I like that idea.
Thanks Jose!

PS: Any chance we can expect to see you in the Meet the Manufacturer section? I'm sure there are plenty of CS members who'd love to get additional infor from yourself and La Aurora.

Coffee Grounds

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I have been smoking the regular 1495 churchill for some time. They become super smooth with just one year in the humi.

I am really interested in tasting the different wrappers.

I for one think the wrapper has a huge impact on taste.

Dirtyharry

Young Chimp
Guys I would like to get your feed back on your opinions on the % that the wrapper does to the smoke,the best way to do it is,buy the four cigars and make it your first smoke of the day and take notes, do one cigar each day after you have smoke them compare notes and you will see that the wrapper has a lot to do with the final smoke, enjoy and be the Judge.

DBall

...is gettin' hitched!
Guys I would like to get your feed back on your opinions on the % that the wrapper does to the smoke,the best way to do it is,buy the four cigars and make it your first smoke of the day and take notes, do one cigar each day after you have smoke them compare notes and you will see that the wrapper has a lot to do with the final smoke, enjoy and be the Judge.
You tell me where I can buy them and I'll definitely do that.

Mowee

ChestBeater
I know most of the stores here in Dallas have them and they will ship. This is a terrific idea. Jose has been torturing a few of us in Dallas trying to educate us on the differences of the wrappers so we can pick them out. This is simply a great idea...letting you see what the wrapper does to each cigar without changing any of the blend. The Corojo is very interesting compared to the original Ecuadoran Sumatra. (That was the first one I had of the bunch).

Each wrapper imparts its own unique characteristics on the blend. Even the Connecticut ( which is Ecuadoran Conn and I think has a bit more flavor).

boonedoggle

Goal: 1,000,000,000 posts
Just picked up a Corojo at the B&M with Sauer Grapes. Maybe I'll fire this piggy up tonight! :tu

Thanks for the #46 too, by the way SG...I'll have something nice for ya on Super Sunday! :D

jsteel508

ChestBeater
I smoke a lot of 1495 coronas but have never really liked the robusto and belicoso. I really wish it would have been in the corona so I could make a real goood comparison. I ordered two of each from Holts a while back. They had a 10 pack deal including two original 1495's. I have smoked the Conn. and Brazilian to date and there is quite a difference. I have the most hope for the Camaroon as it was the Camaroon Preferidos that got me into camaroon wrappers. They are still one of only a few camaroon cigars I enjoy. I really enjoy La Aurora cigars (100's, 1495, Preferidos) and think they don't get enough attention from people in the hobby.

Chico57

ChestBeater

Edward Thomas Cigars is a fine shop.
I have smoked the 1495 Corojo robusto size. Very good cigar!
Have a Cameroon resting in the humi.