Need some cigar recommendations please!

dave8274

Young Ape
Hey all,

I'm new here and just recently got into cigars on a serious level.

I've been trying a bunch of different brands to see what I like, and now I have a few examples of cigars I have really enjoyed, and based on that I was hoping someone would be able to recommend a few more to try.

My 3 favorites right now, in order, are:

1. La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero

2. CAO Brazilia

3. La Gloria Cubana Serie R

I couldn't tell you the exact sizes I have smoked, but I seem to prefer cigars with larger RG, 50+.

Any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks

Bobb

je snork donc je suis
Welcome!!!

Looks like you enjoy some fuller bodied smokes :dr

You may wany to try the El Ray del Mundo (oscuro), Onyx, RP Edge Maddy, Gran Habano #5, Padron X000 series, Don Pepin: Blue Label, or the Partagas: Black.

Also any of the Padron Anniversario (maduros) are FANTASTIC!

These are some I tend to point out when a customer walks into the shop I work at and likes fuller bodied smokes. But the best thing you can do, is try them all :D Only way to truley find out what you like is by smoking everything you can get your hands on (and take notes of you can)

Good luck on the slope, I'll see you at the bottom :ss

(also, like stated above, the stickies have some GREAT info)

icehog3

Admiral Douche Bag
A few more for you:

Joya de Nicaragua Antano
Joya de Nicaragua Celebracion
Havana Soul
Fuente Anejo

Enjoy the slide...... :D

BigGreg

No longer a community member.
Welcome to the boards, you should introduce yourself in the new gorilla forum if you havent allready. Looks like you enjoy some good smokes. The stickys in the All Cigar Lounge are a great place to find a lot of great cigars at reasonable prices. Here are a couple of links to help you out.
Big List of Cigars - Good Newb Starter http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29252
"The official" TXMatt's cheap smokes thread is a Great Resource as well
http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=57242

And if your online and looking for some reviews check out the non-habanos reviews from fellow gorillas (using the search feature helps a lot) and www.top25cigar.com has a great database of reviews as well. My only advice to you is stay away from the devil site (cigarbid.com) for as long as possible and good luck on the slope as im falling down at uncontrollable speeds.

duckmanco

Evolving Lead Gorilla
if you like coffee/espresso side of those smokes you listed, you may to look really hard at the El Mejor Espresso smokes offered at CI. I find them to taste incredible and although not quite full bodied and peppery or as spicy as some of the ones you mentioned, very satisfying and very tasty. And at around 2 bucks a stick, value wise they are matched by Sancho Panza Double Maduro's, which are also excellent smokes. I highly rec. each of those sticks, as both are two of my favorite everyday smokes.

sonick

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I see you've tried the Serie R, but IMO La Gloria Cubana's crown Jewel is their Wavell Maduro.

So, my list of recommendations are as follow (forgive any repeats)

La Gloria Cubana Wavell Maduro
Sancho Panza Double Maduro
Nestor Reserve Maduro (CI)
Padron 2000 Maduro

If you can handle strong cigars, also try:
Joya De Nicaragua Antaño 1970
CAO Brazilia

For a milder, but outstanding cigar I also recommend:
Perdomo Fresco
CAO Gold

Hope this helps..

dave8274

Young Ape
My only advice to you is stay away from the devil site (cigarbid.com) for as long as possible and good luck on the slope as im falling down at uncontrollable speeds.
Too late :)

Thanks for all the advice! I'll check out some of those sticks!

dstaccone

Gorilla
A few more for you:

Joya de Nicaragua Antano
Joya de Nicaragua Celebracion
Havana Soul
Fuente Anejo

Enjoy the slide...... :D
The Joya de Nicaragua Antano is a great full bodied cigar, and if you can get the Anejos at a reasonable price I'd say go for it.:2

BigGreg

No longer a community member.
Too late :)

Thanks for all the advice! I'll check out some of those sticks!
oh well at least I tried to warn you. Yeah you definitly should, the cheap smoke thread is definitly a great way to start off. You can buy a bunch of sticks at an affordable price and have a great selection to try.

Boston_Dude05

Chestbeating Pack Leader
Some good recommendations made already. For fuller bodied smokes, I'd say try Padron 000 line, Padron '64s, JDN Antano and Celebracion, Pepin Blue label, and RP '92s.

KASR

Best Bring Kryptonite!
Give these a try:

1.) Camacho Corojo Maduro (monarca is my fav)
2.) CAO Mx2
3.) 3 Siglos by Gran Habano.

StogieGuy

Maturing Primate
You have good tastes... those are three of my favorites!

I would recommend you try some Camachos as they make nice full flavored cigars. I had a Camacho El Legend-Ario this weekend that was quite nice.

Also try the Alonso Menendez by Dona Flor if you can find it.

Ceedee

Gorilla
Ditto on the Camacho Maduros, they are a great smoke and inexpensive too. You may also like the Rocky Patel Edge maduro. Love them! A sleeper that I absolutely love is the La Aroma De Cuba - the Immensa is my fave. One other is the Torano Exodus 1959 Gold label - a great med-full flavored smoke. Enjoy! :ss

CD

dave8274

Young Ape
Well, I just enjoyed a RP Edge in the hot tub with a dirty martini.

Good stuff. I really enjoyed it and I'm buzzing pretty good right now:)

It was a little more bitter than the CAO Brazilia and the La Flor Dominicana, and for the price it was a great cigar.

Thanks for the heads up, and I look forward to trying a couple others that were recommended to me.

I also picked up a Joya de Nicaragua Antano and a Corojo #5. They both look awesome, though extremely huge and serious looking, so I'll save those for the weekend :)

DParsons

Maturing Primate
If you like La Gloria Cubana Serie "R," (one of my favorites) but it's hard to swallow the price tag, then I would suggest looking on c-bid for El Credito. They were recommended in the cheap smokes thread so I tried some. They are apprentice seconds but for $25/25. A dollar a smoke for a good flavor full bodied is not bad.

Bobb

je snork donc je suis
K. Hansosia (no Idea how to spell it) X3 and the Ancient Warrior are two other good smokes, and if you don't mind spending a little more...I have had some very nice full bodied Diamond Crown :dr

I will also second the Camacho (the Diploma I think is the name of the one I really liked...but I could be wrong)

I hope you like that Corojo #5. I love that cigar for the price :ss