Nub Cameroon Torpedo

jamesb3

Alpha Silverback
Well I guess it's time for my second cigar review. It will be picture less as I am not that savvy yet. Well here goes.

First I must say that this is a well constructed cigar. Slightly veiny but overall the cigar is very easy on the eyes.
After the cut the draw is excellent. It lights nicely and the burn is even from the go. First taste on the palate is mildly spicy backed with a hint of leather and a touch of sweetness. Ash is a very nice salt and pepper. Plenty of smoke and great draw. Very mild and enjoyable beginning.
First third of the cigar continues to burn very evenly. Spice and leather tones are picking up nicely. Draw and burn continues to be good and consistent. This is a very enjoyable cigar to this point.
Second third or middle of cigar continues to draw well and the burn is still flawless. Ash is solid and stands up to the Nub test at this point. Leather taste is dominant at this point, but a nice touch of sweetness as well. Slight musty undertone. But still very pleasing.
As the last third of the cigar starts the flavor is picking up very nicely. I am experiencing some unraveling at this point. I am going to chalk this up to a likely operator error. But it is a pain none the less. So far the draw is still good and the burn is very even. The sweet taste has now moved to the front, followed by leather and a slight earthy flavor. Very nice on the palate. Ash is still hanging on and continues to stand on it's own.
Unfortunately unraveling is becoming an issue. Am still getting a decent draw and the burn is still very even. Sweet, spice and leather flavor is very pleasant and still pleasing. Aside from the problem with the unraveling this cigar has remained consistent and pleasant with nice subtle changes in the flavor as it has burned.
Am coming to the end of what is left of my cigar. Not going to make it to the very end due to unraveling. It has finally killed my draw and the burn is off.
In conclusion, aside from construction problem, I'm now sure it was not the operator, I found this to be a very enjoyable cigar. Hoping problem with unraveling was a one time issue as I will be revisiting it soon.
8 of 10 on the enjoyment factor! Hope you enjoyed this review.:tu

AD720

Alpha Silverback
Thanks for the review, I got my Nub sampler today and I am really, really looking forward to lighting one up.

Good review!!

I'm smoking the Habano right now and can honestly say this is my favorite of the line, followed by Cammie

icehog3

Admiral Douche Bag
Unfortunately, seems the construction/unravelling issue is quite common, so it might not be "operator error" James.

The Mum

Lowland Gorilla
Unfortunately, seems the construction/unravelling issue is quite common, so it might not be "operator error" James.

Perhaps they need more time to age? Sammy does roll them at the events and they are brand new in production.

jamesb3

Alpha Silverback
Yeah Tom your right. I smoked another one just the other day and ran into the same problem, just not as bad as the first one. So it was definitely not an operator error!

Dinosaur Jr

ChestBeater
just had the cameroon. twas a nice smoke. held together pretty good until 1/2 to 2/3 in and then started to split. the crack wasn't too severe and didn't impact my enjoyment.

mathil

Young Ape
My guess would be that the wrappers tend to crack because the ring gauge packs so much tobacco in a given cross section. More tobacco = more expansion, hence cracked wrappers.

In any case i'll have to pick up a sampler at some point.

Bobb

je snork donc je suis
Nice review!!

I liked the cammie quite a bit. They are getting very mixed reviews here. It's nice to see someone else who is not ashamed to admit that they like the NUb :D

dodgeguy

Young Ape
thanks for the review. I just got my sampler Saturday hopefully idont have the same problems as you with the spliting. :tu

My371

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Thank you for a nice review!:tu:)

I have one of these restin'...Gunna have to fire it up soon!:ss

Jbailey

Senior Doughnut
Nice review James. Had one of the smaller cameroon ones on Friday with my dad golfing. The taste wasn't bad and burned great. Never touched it up at all on the course.

jamesb3

Alpha Silverback
Nice review James. Had one of the smaller cameroon ones on Friday with my dad golfing. The taste wasn't bad and burned great. Never touched it up at all on the course.
Thanks Dave, once again you seem to have the last word!:D