Oliva Series V from n3uka

Texan in Mexico

Lowland Gorilla
Good evening all,

I won this stick in the Sticks for the Troops contest generously sponsored by Dave - thank you again Dave!

I will split this into two entries as I havent taken the time to learn how to place several photos within the entry instead of as attachments.

I picked this one as the first to smoke as I have wanted to try this cigar for quite a while.

Off with the girlfriend to the Outlet mall there in Orlando and I sat with my book and cigar while she roamed the Outlet for HOURS!!!

I quickly made friends with the sparrows at the Outlet - they appear to like big pretzels better than I do.

The wrapper had a couple veins in but nothing out of the ordinary - it actually had a beautiful brown sheen - a really well made stick.

The cigar was tight to the touch, chock full of good tasting tobacco and had a chocolate aroma to it.

As I had just arrived and we ran off to go to the Outlet I left my Simplified cutter at the hotel and found myself with two options - dont smoke the Oliva or bite off the end...

As I delicately spat the end into the shrubbery by my bench I noticed a yellow fibrous material coming out of the end. Not synthetic as I pulled it out, very strong yet broke apart - maybe Im showing some of my inexperience here but if any of you have any ideas let me know.

I must assume it is tobacco of some kind?

Pre-light draw was a bit tight - could be my advanced cutting technique though.

Last edited:

Texan in Mexico

Lowland Gorilla
The cigar had a really nice pepper taste to it - I really liked how this was going.

So with my expensive (0.99$) baby blue Bic lighter - picked at the Shell along the way I toasted the end and at that moment a woman with a stroller walked by and said - Wow, that smells good!

As I started into it the draw opened up nicely and produced a white ash and a clean, even burn.

As I enjoy the cigar I start to wander off with Roosevelt as he sails down the River of Doubt (book I read while at the Outlet) and looked up many times to see the strange phenomenon of men walking with glazed over eyes carrying bags and smiling momentarily when they see the cigar.

The cigar continues with a nice even burn and started to feel maybe a nic buz in the second third and plum - I dont eat many plums but it definately had plum in it.

The last third had a hearty wood - earthy flavor to it which I reall enjoy. Overall, I dont have enough experience in rating to say but I really enjoyed this stick and picked a few more while I was at the Corona Club.

Other than the great flavor and aroma the thing that most amazed me is that this stick only ashed twice. Once after about two inches and the second as I was down to the end.

I smoked it till I couldnt hold it any more - all in all a great experience and really made the time go by enjoyably while she shopped!

Dave, thank you once again for your amazing generosity and to all of you for letting me share this great experience with you.

Travis

Last edited:

skibumdc

Arnold is numero uno
As I delicately spat the end into the shrubbery by my bench I noticed a yellow fibrous material coming out of the end. Not synthetic as I pulled it out, very strong yet broke apart - maybe Im showing some of my inexperience here but if any of you have any ideas let me know.
I think something just got rolled into the cigar by accident.
Not to worry. Germs on Dental Floss like that can't last THAT long in a humi....right?

Blue_R

Young Ape
The cigar continues with a nice even burn and started to feel maybe a nic buz in the second third and plum - I dont eat many plums but it definately had plum in it.
Thanks for the review. I really do like the V's. I'll have to see if the plum is in there on my next one. They do seem to have a lot of subtle flavors and I think the V is a great buy.

-Blue

chenvt

Evolving Lead Gorilla
So I just tried the torpedo. I had some burn issues along the way, and honestly, it didn't taste as good as the torpedo. The burn issues are probably the reason, but even after I fixxed it, still had some problems. Overall, the torpedo pales in comparison to the figuradao. Next up, the Lancero