Opinion of J.Fuego?

rwhit37

Being Bob the Builder!
J. Fuego is a new cigar on the market for 2008. It is made by J. Fuego who used to be a master blender for Rocky Patel until he decided to break off and start his own line. I had the pleasue of meeting the man himself and he kindly gave me a Corojo No.1 Belicoso. I sat down and enjoyed the smoke with him talking as if he had known each other for years. He is a real down to earth guy and I have great respect for an cigar company owner who takes the time to just show up unexpectedly at my B&M.

The cigar is a 4 country blend. The filler is 2/3 ligero from Nicaragua and Honduras and the other 1/3 is Viso from.....let's just say a place where you would not expect it to come from. The binder is from Costa Rica and the wrapper is a sun grown corojo from Honduras. The youngest tobacco is the 6 year old wrapper and parts of the filler are 9+.

A very complex full body cigar. It was unlikey any corojo cigar I have smoked. I found it really hard to believe it was a corojo until i was half way through the cigar when more of the pepper and bite started to come out. The first half is a real rich cigar and then changes into more of true corojo and ligero cigar. Not an over powering peppery cigar. Just enough.

The first shipments are starting to go out now. I know it won't be an easy cigar to get. He is not "mass" producing the cigar. J. Fuego said it hurts quality to produce 300,000 sticks a year, I want a cigar that you can enjoy and it be the same from stick to stick.

If are able to get your hands on one you will be surprised how good of a smoke it is without breaking the bank. Anyone else able to get their hands on one?

Darrell

C is for cookie
Actually the smoke came out in 2007. ;)

Jesus is a great guy, very smart and friendly. I love the Corojo, it's a wonderful stick.

Silound

Swamp Gorilla
He was in Lafayette as well, we talked it up some.

I must say, the corojos were amazing, and all of the cigars are nice long smokes, even the short ones. Very full flavor that just rolls out of the cigar along with nice puffs of thick smoke.

Overall, I'd buy a few here and there to smoke again.

webjunkie

ChestBeater
He was in Lafayette as well, we talked it up some.

I must say, the corojos were amazing, and all of the cigars are nice long smokes, even the short ones. Very full flavor that just rolls out of the cigar along with nice puffs of thick smoke.

Overall, I'd buy a few here and there to smoke again.
Just walked into Havana Manor up in Longmont about 20 minutes ago. Great guy.

Poriggity

I love Pepin & Tatuaje
I had the corojo at my local shop not too long ago, and it was decent, but at $12/stick (california prices) I can find something better I can smoke instead, like a Padron Anni.

Scott

Firridge

Young Ape
$12 a stick wow. I bought a handful for $6-$7 back in the fall and thought it was a good smoke for the $. Not worth $12, many better smokes for that kind of money.

andrewhac

Maturing Primate
It has seem lately that every new cigar stick coming on to the market, regardless good, bad, or ugly is having the price tag of $10.00 and up. Is this a justifiable price for a single cigar ? Myself, I don't think so. After all, it is plant leaf, and not even close to a doobie leaf. Perhaps it is the cigar smokers that are willing to keep on paying for these high prices that giving the idea to manufacturers and retailers alike that if you can charge a high price, charge it, make your profit, and then get out of the market fast. Most of ISOM sticks are not even $10.00 CPC... YMMV !!! :confused:

Silound

Swamp Gorilla
It has seem lately that every new cigar stick coming on to the market, regardless good, bad, or ugly is having the price tag of $10.00 and up. Is this a justifiable price for a single cigar ? Myself, I don't think so. After all, it is plant leaf, and not even close to a doobie leaf. Perhaps it is the cigar smokers that are willing to keep on paying for these high prices that giving the idea to manufacturers and retailers alike that if you can charge a high price, charge it, make your profit, and then get out of the market fast. Most of ISOM sticks are not even $10.00 CPC... YMMV !!! :confused:
Lot of that has to do with B&M's and taxes. If you order online, most of those "hot" cigars are still around 3-7 bucks a stick. However, since most places online are sold out, B&M's can probably get away with gouging a bit for the high demand sticks.

rwhit37

Being Bob the Builder!
You couldn't of said it better TAXES, TAXES, TAXES. They are the main reason why B&M's are higher. You also have to look at the overhead that B&M's have compared to online. Online retailers are able to do alot more volume with less overhead so they are able to charge less per stick and sell more.

Lot of that has to do with B&M's and taxes. If you order online, most of those "hot" cigars are still around 3-7 bucks a stick. However, since most places online are sold out, B&M's can probably get away with gouging a bit for the high demand sticks.