Padron Londres

JohnnyCashFan

Village Idiot
Okay. The past few days I have been working outside, so I've had the luxury of being able to smoke a cigar or two while I'm working. I decided to pick up a couple of these (Padron Londres), and I was quite pleasantly surprised. They are a corona size, and all the ones that I've had have burned perfectly with nary a flaw. The ash is a rough flaky light grey color, and holds firm. The flavor is that classic Nicaraguan Padron flavor, creamy and nicely mild. The store near me sells them for $2.30 a stick, so they fit pretty perfectly in my budget. I'm not saying this is a stellar cigar or anything, but I was definetely surprised because I thought it was light years better than some of the other cigars in that price range that I have tried.

floydp

They call me Fwanker
JohnnyCashFan said:
Okay. The past few days I have been working outside, so I've had the luxury of being able to smoke a cigar or two while I'm working. I decided to pick up a couple of these (Padron Londres), and I was quite pleasantly surprised. They are a corona size, and all the ones that I've had have burned perfectly with nary a flaw. The ash is a rough flaky light grey color, and holds firm. The flavor is that classic Nicaraguan Padron flavor, creamy and nicely mild. The store near me sells them for $2.30 a stick, so they fit pretty perfectly in my budget. I'm not saying this is a stellar cigar or anything, but I was definetely surprised because I thought it was light years better than some of the other cigars in that price range that I have tried.

Thats great to hear, I have a box of them in Maduro sitting in my Humidor.. Thanks..

PadronMe

Alpha Silverback
Bumping an old thread but I smoked a Londres Maduro at lunch.

I've got a friend in school in Ft. Lauderdale so I ask him to get me some of those Miami only fumas because I wanted a CHEAP smoke. Well, they were out at the time so he decides to get me a box of Londres Maduro. Now I am a self confessed Padron whore but I wouldn't have ever got a box of Londres and definately would not have gotten maduro(I'm a natural man). But this cigar suprised me. Very good Padron flavor and tons of smoke. Very good draw, like any Padron has ever had a bad draw. Like JohnnyCashFan said, this is a very good cigar and a great value.

Miami

Gorilla
Padrons are my everyday smoke. I like the Delicias maduro for less then 3 bucks a stick aged for at least 2 years you can't beat them. I have smoked several Londres, 2000, 3000 but like the Delicias much more overall. I keep some 64 and 26's for special days,

I also smoke for the history of it and have met the family several times. They are a stand up group of people. I have tried several bundles due to price even then I come back to the Delicias.

NCatron

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Miami said:
Padrons are my everyday smoke. I like the Delicias maduro for less then 3 bucks a stick aged for at least 2 years you can't beat them. I have smoked several Londres, 2000, 3000 but like the Delicias much more overall. I keep some 64 and 26's for special days,

I also smoke for the history of it and have met the family several times. They are a stand up group of people. I have tried several bundles due to price even then I come back to the Delicias.
That's funny, but I totally agree with you. Out of the Londres, Delicias, and 2000, I prefer the Delicias by a LARGE margin. The Londres was much less flavorful, and the 2000 was just kinda weird.

Blueface

Sarah Palin is my lover
JohnnyCashFan said:
Don't have to push that cigar on me.
First my first five years or so of smokig cigars, the Londres Maduro was the cigar I would order monthly directly from Padron.
Took me that many years to finally move on to longer cigars/larger rings.

stormin

Assistant to Don Cherry
I have only had the 2000 and 3000. Where does the Delicias fit in? What size is it. How does it compare, price wise?

You've got me interested all of a sudden!

Miami

Gorilla
The Delicias is 4.9 by 46 almost box pressed type. Cigar inter has them for 71.50 for the box of 25. I like the maduro the best. I find them to have a great draw and super burn. A must try for sure and it's always in my humidor. Good luck let me know.

The Master

Young Ape
A couple of my favorite cheap Padrons are the Palmas and Ambassadors in maduro. When it comes to that great Nicaraguan taste nothing beats a Padron in my book.

Braxxy

ChestBeater
The 2000 Maduro is my at home smoke and the Londres Maduro is my lunchtime at Nat Sherman's cigar. I can't say I've ever had a bad Padron cigar.

tedski

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I've smoked and enjoyed most Padrons, but never tried this particular vitola. Maybe it's time to give them a try.

Luke Z

Young Ape
I got a Padron Palmas Maduro in a sampler pack my last orsed i thought it smoked very wll and continued to get beter untill the end. I just orddered a box seemed to be a stick i should keep on hand:tu

FN in MT

Gorilla
I snagged an unopened box of maduro pantellas that was hidden behind a facia board on top of a large walk in humidor. Box was about five years old, bought it for the listed $40 or $44 . that was about a year ago.

Those aged panatellas are like smoking a PAM 64!! Padrons with some age are amazing.

The Padrons, no matter the vitola or wrapper seem to consistently and constantly PLEASE.

FN in MT:cb

Big Dawg

ChestBeater
The Londres have never done much for me; I would much rather have a delicias. However, in reality, I wouldn't buy either of these anymore. I much prefer the 2000, in large part due to my experience, they seem to age better. I had a 2 yr old Delicias last week and the next night a 2yr old 2000. There was no question which one I enjoyed more.

kjjm4

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Londres are one of my go to cigars. I just bought another box. For the price, they're almost impossible to beat.

lordlister

Young Ape
The Londres have never done much for me; I would much rather have a delicias. However, in reality, I wouldn't buy either of these anymore. I much prefer the 2000, in large part due to my experience, they seem to age better. I had a 2 yr old Delicias last week and the next night a 2yr old 2000. There was no question which one I enjoyed more.
I can't agree more. For only a buck more, I find the flavour profile of the 2000 to be much more complex. No doubt they're still great cigars for the price.