school me, on corojo

rayray812

Young Ape
hi all been smoking 12 or so years... in perhaps for the last 8yrs nothing but maduro.... in fact im a sucker for any strong maduro... now that i realize there is a bunch of smokers out there... i want some insights.

are maduro wrappers taming my smokes????? i want to try other wrappers, but i like a real "strong (good tasting) smoke...

so recomend some good tasting "headbangers" and throw some wrapper pointers my way....

is there life beyond maduro????????......

ray

Coz77

Lowland Gorilla
I love me a good corojo... you must try the Gran Habano #5

And yes....there is life beyond maduros....lots of it.

Start buying some samplers and give them all a try.

awsmith4

Chestbeating Pack Leader
If stronger cigars suit you try La Flor Dominca's blends, Pepin's blends, and Joya de Nicaragua.

The Saint

Gorilla
Tabaclera Tropical has some very good corojo wrapped cigars.

Some of my favorites are: Mombacho (not only is it wrapped in corojo it is also triple ligero)

Condega Corojo (100% corojo; wrapper,binder,filler. The corojo comes from 3 different regions in Nicaragua; Condega, Jalapa, and Esteli)

JFR (Just For Retailers, there is also a JFC which is for catalogers. Great cigar IMO.

Cacique Miami (Sun grown corojo, great price on these around 50 buck a box.)

Factory Direct Corojo ( For the budget corojo smoker, Holts has a bundle of 20 for 29.99...worth it IMO.

Have fun discovering the wonderful world of Corojo!

OSIRIS

Tree Dwelling Ninja
I just got off my Maduro kick a few months back and have been smoking alot of Corojo since then, give them a shot :ss

Volt

Chestbeating Pack Leader
I love me a good corojo... you must try the Gran Habano #5

And yes....there is life beyond maduros....lots of it.

Start buying some samplers and give them all a try.
:tpd:

I just hit for a box of 20 #5's on cbid = ~$21 :)

Corojo = Tasty

Camancho Corojo = yummy

A touch of spice on the tounge but good.

In fact PM me and I'll send you a Gran Habano #5 and a Camancho Corojo Maduro.

Volt

Chestbeating Pack Leader
PS - The Perdomo Habano Corojo is another outstanding corojo. Right up there with the Camacho. About the same price range.

TonySmith

Not an Anthony
PS - The Perdomo Habano Corojo is another outstanding corojo. Right up there with the Camacho. About the same price range.
I like them both, and agree they are both flavorful.
The Camacho is a much fuller bodied cigar, though. :2

Padron42

Gorilla
I used to be a nothing but maduro guy as well. I'd definitely suggest delving into the corojo as well. I did and its given me a ton of new smokes I love. Pepins are probably the first thing I'd look into outside of maduros. I also second the camacho corojo. RP OWR Corojos are good too.