Smoking in the winter

Headcrash

SilverBack
Not sure if this has already been discussed much (didn't really find anything in the search) but for you gorillas that live in places that get cold in the winter where do you go to smoke?

Here in Calgary it can get really cold and snow a fair amount to. With that being said I am not about to sit outside and freeze as I really doubt I would be able to enjoy my stick.

It is tough to find places (Pub/lounge) that will let you smoke cigars, but my search will continue. I can't go all winter without.....lets hope and pray we get many Chinooks this year and some really warm days!

Baric

Chestbeating Pack Leader
I cant go anywhere-my house and garage are out of bounds and so are public places, thanks to Tony, so looks like ill have to stop smoking in the winter.

backwoods

in the middle of nowhere
I go in my garage when it gets cold out:D

I just finished mudding/texturing/painting and trimming it out. it looks alot better now

Teninx

SilverBack
Since New Hampshire gets a little nippy in the winter months, I've set up a shed with two nice chairs, a TV, a heater and lights. Works fine November through April, or when it's rainy.

rockyr

Carolina Gorrilla
Although our winters are nothing like Canada’s, I’m thinking the best I am going to be able to do is hope for some warm Saturday afternoons. Probably limits me to one or two sticks a week.

germantown rob

Chestbeating Pack Leader
Wait to you see the winter in the jungle, with lack of cigars things can get a little tense. :mn

I just sit in my car with the heat on. It got a little tense when the cops rolled up and I was sitting in the back seat with a stogie and a bottle of single malt. They actually got a big chuckle out of it, got to love philly. I do hope to have my smoking room complete before this winter is out and justinphilly is about done with his.

Gaels22

Young Ape
If fresh snow on my back patio, I dig a path to my hottub, crank the tub to 102C go into the house and wait 20 minutes. Then run out with my Cigar and drink of choice and hop in as quickly as I can. When I get too hot I jump out ...roll in the snow and jump back in. This is how I deal with the winters in Canada.

Cheers
Andrew

Headcrash

SilverBack
backwoods said:

I just finished mudding/texturing/painting and trimming it out. it looks alot better now
Ok that is a sweet setup!

Unfortunately I don't have a garage and my shed is packed full........but I am looking at making it a little bigger next year so maybe it I clean it up real good I can fit a heater and some chairs and a small TV.

Beagle Boy

Lowland Gorilla
Here in Minneapolis/St. Paul, the big tobacconists have put in lounges/seating. The two biggest counties have smoking bans, but they don't cover the tobacconists.

Also, a few of the neighboring counties don't have the bans - so there are options

RGD

Elder Jungle Leader
Same place I go the rest of the year - my office chair, feet up on desk, what ever drink and the tv on - :D

Ron

RenoB

Back from Shack :(
backwoods said:

The fire extinguisher is a nice touch :r

BTW, my wife just suggested a backyard shed. Guess she's done with me trying to figure out the ventilation issues in my basement office :mad:

The Bruce

ChestBeater
Headcrash said:
Here in Calgary it can get really cold and snow a fair amount to. With that being said I am not about to sit outside and freeze as I really doubt I would be able to enjoy my stick.
It get cold here too. During the winter we face the cold. There is nothing more bracing than leaving the house to face 70 Deg F (21 Deg C). Brrrr! Be strong man! :p

Darbob

Young Ape
Here in Wisconsin, we can get to 20 below, which puts a damper on outdoor smoking. I have found a few bars that will allow cigar smoking at certain times of day. Also, the smoke shops in the area are always welcoming. Otherwise, I tend to smoke a lot of my smaller gague smokes out on the front porch when it gets cold. There are times when smoking in the crisp air is appealing.

Darb

Headcrash

SilverBack
The Bruce said:
It get cold here too. During the winter we face the cold. There is nothing more bracing than leaving the house to face 70 Deg F (21 Deg C). Brrrr! Be strong man! :p
Thanks for the pep talk :r the sad thing is it can be up to 40-50 Deg C colder here than there

But if a Chinook rolls in (can go up to 10-15 Deg C) I will be out there smoking as many as I can cause the next day it can drop 30-40 deg

audio1der

Lowland Gorilla
I find pubs in town all winter; I might some some lesser NC's around a fire if possible, otherwise it's all inside.
Henry's in the Sheraton (NE) doesn't allow cigars anymore, but Shanks, United Pipe & cigar (DT), Cavendish & Moore (Penny Lane) and a few others still do.

PM me if you're interested in meeting up in the next couple weeks with a couple other guys here in Calgary.
Audio

Commander Quan

The Cheese stands alone
My local B&M has a great smoking lounge with a couple couches a poker tabel and TV. I havn't got to try it yet but I hear that the owner makes some great Arabic coffee.

burninator

two hour break
I go to the same place I go to smoke during the summer. It usually doesn't get too cold here, but when it does I've got my pipe to keep me warm.