The Young pup joins

HeadRush2112

Young Ape
Well I'm new to the cigar world. I have smoked a few times before. But I always got the super cheap cigars like "Garcia Vegas" I prefer the milder taste of a cigar. what would some of you more experienced smokers prefer? I do like the padron's they are very nice. HR

netprophet21

ChestBeater
Well I'm new to the cigar world. I have smoked a few times before. But I always got the super cheap cigars like "Garcia Vegas" I prefer the milder taste of a cigar. what would some of you more experienced smokers prefer? I do like the padron's they are very nice. HR
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you so I'm going to watch and see what kind of replies you get. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Glacierman

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Try Cuesta Rey and La Unica. Easy to find, inexpensive, mild to medium (to my mind, anyway). Made by Fuente for J. C. Newman Co.

If you like the Padrons, you're off to a good start. However, since you have joined the jungle (WELCOME ABOARD!), you are no longer allowed to smoke Garcia y Vega, White Owl or any other supermarket stick. Sorry. Just can't allow that. :cb

bobarian

Elder Jungle Leader
Another cant miss thread is TXMatt's cheap smoke thread. There are tons of great smokes listed. Among them is one of my favorites Don Kiki Browns. Sancho Panza Double Maduros are also a great medium smoke!:tu

Joey Link

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Welcome to the Jungle....you're gonna tryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!.... to hold onto your money :ss

schind

Young Ape
Welcome!

Personally, the cigar that really got me rolling down the slippery slope of cigars was Carlos Torano's Casa Torano, nice and mild but has lots of flavors!

:D:D:D:D

drhalle

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Welcome enjoy the fun and games, but beware the Devil Site. Abandon all hope ye who enter there. Just kidding... no I'm not!!!:gn

You will meet some very cool people here and learn a lot. Welcome to the Jungle.

HeadRush2112

Young Ape
Thanks for all the suggestions so far here's what I have as of now in my collection.

1.Padron londres madur (which is my favorite so far)
2.Rocky Patel vintage Connecticut 99' Churchill
3.Nicaraguan selection 1000
4.Dominican selection 4000
5.cad-brazilia feito a-mao

1-2 I bought on my own which I'm excited to try
3-5 were given to me as gifts so hopefully I like them.

Mystophales

Heavy Metal Jesus
I prefer milder smokes as well and these are some of my favorites...

Casa Torano (This one is a GREAT smoke!!!)
5 Vegas Gold
CAO Gold
Helix 552
Famous Dominican 4000
Gurkha Expedition
Sancho Panza Double Maduro (a bit more medium than mild)
Don Tomas

That is probably a good start...:tu

redryno247

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Hey bro welcome to the jungle, as I've already told you this is a wonderful place for help, advise, interesting perspectives and also some great people. I hope you enjoy your time here. :tu

doctorcue

Tatuaje Whore
Seems like you got a good selection of smokes to try. Best bet is to smoke them all and take notes on each. What you like... what you don't. Don't worry about trying to mimic all the fancy reviews (hints of butterscotch with white pepper dashes BLAH BLAH BLAH). Take those notes into a local shop and tell the employees/owner you are new and this is what you have experienced. They should help you find cigars based upon your tastes.

From there it is an incredible ride with tons of cigars to try out and thoughts to share. You came to the right place, WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!!!