VinoTemp Humidity Issue

Darrell

C is for cookie
Long story short we got hit with a heat wave this weekend (85+) and I decided to go in and plug my drain hole on the Vino. I used silicon/caulking from my glue gun and then covered the silicon with tape tightly. I checked all my fans to make sure they were up 2 par. I have 1.5 lbs of wet beads spread out throughout the Vino with 2 oust fans. My hygro is accurate 100% and it's still sitting at 55% RH. It has been 6 hours, it's about 75 degrees in my house. I'm not sure what the deal is????

tedrodgerscpa

PSHC - Vandy's B*tch
Long story short we got hit with a heat wave this weekend (85+) and I decided to go in and plug my drain hole on the Vino. I used silicon/caulking from my glue gun and then covered the silicon with tape tightly. I checked all my fans to make sure they were up 2 par. I have 1.5 lbs of wet beads spread out throughout the Vino with 2 oust fans. My hygro is accurate 100% and it's still sitting at 55% RH. It has been 6 hours, it's about 75 degrees in my house. I'm not sure what the deal is????

Maybe a dish of distilled until things get normal again?

Gotta love it when the seasons change, but I think you'll be O.K. for a bit.

:2

jkorp

·~«{·B'lieve Hon·}»~·
When the Vino is running, or rather running often, it's hard to get a good read from the environment. Stick your Hygro in one of your cigar boxes. The boxes will hold humidity were as the plastic walls of your Vino will not. Check the reading in a day to see what's really going on RH wise in there.

We're entering the season where you'll find yourself playing with the Vino daily. The warmer it gets the more it will run, the more it runs the funkier the RH reading will be.

bobarian

Elder Jungle Leader
When you say playing with the vino what do you mean exactly?

Dude! You are out of control! Jason is not THAT kind of a guy!I Don't think!
:D
My humi dropped this afternoon as well. So I dropped a couple of hygros in boxes top and bottom. I'll check back in an hour or so to see what they are reading. :tu

Silound

Swamp Gorilla
Every time the Vino runs, it produces condensation on the cooling sink in the back, which obviously removes moisture from the air.

The hotter it is, the more it runs, the more moisture is condensed and will drip down the back to that nicely sealed drain hole :)

Searching will yield several homegrown methods to solve the problem ranging from external temperature control devices to funneling the condensation back into the beads.

tchariya

Taters of the Lost Ark

I think you used the wrong 'caulk'.

jkorp

·~«{·B'lieve Hon·}»~·
What I mean is, adjusting boxes, hygro placement, adding and taking away humidification and watching it like a hawk.

:r:chk:r

Mine has dropped as well, and the playing begins.

kvm

Chestbeating Pack Leader
Since you just plugged it in it is only running long enough to cool the air inside and shutting off so it's running a lot and dropping the RH. Once the contents get down to temp it will run less often and the RH should come up. In the mean time put a couple of small glasses of water in it to help with the recovery.

shilala

Elder Jungle Leader
Every time the Vino runs, it produces condensation on the cooling sink in the back, which obviously removes moisture from the air.

The hotter it is, the more it runs, the more moisture is condensed and will drip down the back to that nicely sealed drain hole :)

Searching will yield several homegrown methods to solve the problem ranging from external temperature control devices to funneling the condensation back into the beads.
I solved the problem by adding two 60mmx10mm fans in each of my winadors. The fans make sure the condensation on the evaporator gets sent back to the air in a very short period of time.
I also have a hydra in each winador set at 63% and 40 ounces of HCM beads at 65%. The HCM beads react so fast that I never see a drop in rh%age.
I'm pretty much in awe of how well it all works.

zemekone

WaTcH mE FukkING dO iT...
try turning off the the fans and pulling out the oust fans. the with all the air swirling around the hygros may not be getting a good reading... :2